Tackling the Hidden Crisis: Immigrant Anxiety and Trauma
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: The Immigrant Learning Center
This event will take place online
Changing immigration policies have disrupted the lives of millions of immigrants, refugees and their families. Child separations, drastic refugee cutbacks and escalating deportations are upending immigrants’ futures. The hidden, daily stresses, fears and traumas that have intensified among the foreign-born in our communities, classrooms and workplaces are not making the headlines, but are just as disruptive. Join experts in social work, psychology, advocacy and education for the free, interactive webinar Tackling the Hidden Crisis: Immigrant Anxiety and Trauma on Tuesday, September 18 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. EDT. This free webinar will uncover the hidden public health crisis facing immigrants of all kinds and dive deeply into tactics that can improve immigrants’ lives in these uncertain times.This interactive webinar is for immigrant- and refugee-serving professionals, social workers, educators, advocates and any American interested in making a difference in the lives of immigrants.
- The silent public health crisis facing immigrants across the United States
- The rhetoric, discrimination and policies, including the imminent “public charge” changes, that are impacting new Americans
- Strategies to manage these stresses, fears and traumas at interpersonal, institutional and community levels
To register for this event, please click here.