20th Annual Family Immigration Law Conference and Tour of the Consulate
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Central Time (US & Canada)
- By: Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., Catholic Charities of Dallas, Diocesan Migrant and Refugee Services
Wyndham El Paso Airport Hotel
- Immigrant Children
In this time of enhanced enforcement, this two-day family-based immigration law training provides updated information and analysis on selected topics in family-based immigration, including enhanced risks to applicants of being placed in removal proceedings if their petitions or applications are denied. Newer practitioners are encouraged to take advantage of the free introductory session on Nov. 13, as well as a fundamentals track of workshops on both days of the conference. Day Two of the conference will also include presentations on consular processing by representatives of both the National Visa Center and the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez.
- A review of the new U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services guidance on Notices to Appear and Requests for Evidence
- Assessing whether your client may be inadmissible for a criminal conviction or admission of a crime
- Establishing a parent/child relationship to support an immigration petition
- Updates on adjustment of status, consular processing and public charge inadmissibility
- Challenging denials of applications through appeals and motions to reopen or reconsider
To register for this event, please click here.
Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.