Part 1: Asylum Step by Step: Representing Survivors of "Private Actor" Persecution before the Asylum Office and Immigration Court
- 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Central Time (US & Canada)
- By: The Advocates for Human Rights
Dorsey & Whitney LLP Minnesota Room
- Political asylum
Please join The Advocates for Human Rights for Part 1 of this two-part CLE. This training will walk attorneys and legal support staff through all of the steps of preparing and filing an asylum application for an asylum seeker who is before either the Asylum Office or the Immigration Court. The presentation will cover strategies in representing survivors of persecution by "private actors" following the Attorney General's decision in Matter of A-B-, incorporating what advocates have learned from experiences before the Asylum Office and Courts following the decision's issuance. The training will take place in two sessions of two hours each. Two standard CLE credits will be sought for each session.
Remote attendance available. Call-in information will be circulated via email prior to the CLE.
- Best practices in interviewing clients
- What to include in an initial application
- Best practices in gathering corroborating documentation
- How to best prepare a client to testify
- Strategies in representing survivors of persecution by "private actors", following Matter of A-B-
To register for this event, please click here.
- CLE Credit Comments: Application will be made for 2 standard CLE credits