40 Hour Overview of Immigration Law: Albany
Monday September 10
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
New York Department of State BuildingOne Commerce Plaza99 Washington AvenueAlbany, NY
The NYIC's 40 hour training provides a comprehensive overview of immigration law. This training is aimed at individuals seeking partial DOJ accreditation, which allows individuals to represent clients before DHS under certain circumstances. The training will include a conversation with USCIS officers.
In order to effectively increase capacity to serve New York State's immigrant community and to combat fraud, participants must demonstrate they meet certain eligibility criteria, such as being a non-profit staff/volunteer, private attorney, or government employee based in New York State. Please note that because of high demand and limited space, registration will be capped at two participants per organization. Any additional applicants will be added to a wait list and notified in the event that space becomes available. Priority will be given to non-attorney staff from non-profits seeking DOJ accreditation. The training will run from Monday, September 10th at 8:30am and end on Friday, September 14th at 5:30pm.
- Foundations in Immigration Law
- Family-Based Immigration
- Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing
- Concepts of Inadmissibility and Deportability
- Naturalization and Citizenship
- Fee Waivers
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status
- U and T Non-immigrant Status
- Immigration Consequences of Criminal Activity
- Ethics and Immigration Fraud
- Client Interviewing
To register for this event, please click here.
- CLE Credit Comments: Approximately 26 CLE credits will be awarded.