Acquired and Derivative Citizenship
- 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: American Immigration Lawyers Association
This event will take place telephonically.
Sometimes your client doesn’t even know they are a U.S. citizen! Our panel of experts will discuss the various ways your client can automatically become a citizen, and include an overview of both acquired and derivative citizenship. Panelists will share tips for determining which requirements your client is subject to, and the practical concerns that arise when applying for a passport or certificate of citizenship.
- When Do Individuals Acquire Citizenship at Birth?
- When Do Individuals Derive Citizenship from the Naturalization of a Parent?
- Documenting Your Client’s Claim to Acquired or Derivative Citizenship: Applying for Certificates of Citizenship, Certificates of Birth Abroad, and U.S. Passports
- Which Document Is the Best Proof of Citizenship: A Passport or Certificate of Citizenship?
- Sessions v. Morales-Santana: How Did the U.S. Supreme Court Change Citizenship Law?
- Grandparent Issues: Documenting the Grandparent’s Citizenship and Residency to Prove the Parent’s Citizenship
To register for this event, please click here.