The End of DACA: What You Need to Know Now
Friday September 15
- By: Practicing Law Institute
- Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event will take place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
On September 5, 2017, President Trump directed the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to phase out and eventually end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) over two and half years.
Sally L. Kinoshita, Deputy Director at Immigrant Legal Resource Center, Valerie A. Zukin, Lead Attorney Coordinator of the Northern California Collaborative for Immigrant Justice, at the Justice & Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco, and Amalia Wille of Van Der Hout, Brigagliano & Nightingale, L.L.P. will discuss:
- What this means for individuals who have DACA, have filed, or are considering filing, DACA applications
- What clients can and should do now
- Advocacy approaches and strategies as DACA expiration approaches
- How immigration attorneys, advocates and pro bono volunteers can get involved
To Register for this event, please click here.