2017 Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative (CIII) Conference
Wednesday October 11
Friday October 13 2017
- By: The Center for Migration Studies of New York (CMS), Loyola Marymount University, and Mount St. Mary’s University
- Time: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Loyola Marymount UniversityLos Angeles, CA
The primary purpose of the conference is to advance the goals of CMS’s Catholic Immigrant Integration Initiative (CIII) which seeks to study, document, and support a growing network of diverse Catholic institutions that are working successfully to advance immigrant integration, empowerment and well-being. The conference will:
- Examine how Catholic institutions are responding to changing immigration policies;
- Convey the spiritual and theological vision that undergirds the Catholic Church’s work with immigrants;
- Review public policies affecting immigrant integration and academic research on the work of Church institutions with immigrant communities;
- Lift up model integration programs and ministries; and
- Offer optional field visits to migrant ministries and shelters in Los Angeles on October 11th.
To register for this event, please click here.