U Visa: How to Assist Immigrants Who Have Been Victims of Crimes
Tuesday September 19
- By: Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project
- Time: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
LA Law Library301 West First StreetLos Angeles, CA
Attorneys in Los Angeles can play a big role in helping immigrants who have been victims of serious and often violent crimes gain lawful status in the U.S., by utilizing the U Nonimmigrant Status (U visa) program. This training will teach you how to apply for a U visa on behalf of victims and their families, including those who are facing deportation proceedings and urgently need assistance.
- Background on U Nonimmigrant Status, including its requirements and benefits
- Overview of the necessary forms and supporting evidence
- How to obtain police reports and law enforcement certification (I-918, Supplement B)
- Practice advice and tips from experienced practitioners
To register for this event, please click here.