40-Hour Basic Immigration Law Training
Monday October 30
Friday November 03 2017
- By: Washington New Americans Program at OneAmerica, City of Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs, WA Department of Social and Health Services, Office of Refugee and Immigrant Assistance
- Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
SEIU 775 Seattle215 Columbia StSeattle, WA
Rosana Donoso BarredoOneAmerica(206) 452-8421
- Website: www.wanewamericans.org
The Washington New Americans Program, and the State of Washington's Office of Refugee and Immigrant Assistance are pleased to announce the open application process for the 2017 40-hour Basic Immigration Law Training to be held in Seattle this fall. The intensive five-day training is designed for staff working at Washington state-based nonprofit agencies that serve immigrants. At the end of the training, you will have the basic knowledge to be eligible to seek partial accreditation from the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and, if authorized by the DOJ, to represent clients before US Citizenship and Immigration Services. Thanks to generous sponsorship by the presenting partners, this training is free of charge. Training manuals, course materials, and breakfast/lunch for participants are included. Travel stipends are available to participants from outside the greater King County area. Preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Staff of currently DOJ-recognized organizations or organizations with existing plans to seek DOJ recognition. Long-term volunteers may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Applicants who work in geographic areas not well-served by existing immigration providers
- Applicants who serve underrepresented ethnic or language groups
- Applicants who are not already individually DOJ-accredited.
Applications must be received by Friday, August 18, 2017 at 8 pm. No late applications will be accepted. For more information or for an application form, please visit: https://wanewamericans.org/doj-40-hour-training/ or contact Rosana Donoso Barredo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLE Credit Comments: Attendees must be either staff or long-term volunteers of 501c3 organizations.
- Attachment(s): DOJ_Training_Flyer.pdf