Avoiding Detention and Removal for VAWA and U Survivors
Tuesday April 25
- By: ASISTA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This event will take place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
- Website: www.asistahelp.org
Please join ASISTA Executive Director Gail Pendleton and Senior Policy Counsel Cecelia Friedman Levin for an interactive webinar on Avoiding Detention and Removal for VAWA and U Survivors. In this webinar, we will discuss best practices in protecting clients who are at risk of immigration enforcement actions, including enhanced safety planning, requests for stays and prosecutorial discretion, and advocacy strategies for working with ICE and CBP.
Who Can Participate in this Webinar?
- ASISTA is offering this webinar free for members of ASISTA or the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild (NIPNLG).
- This webinar is not funded by OVW, so OVW grantees may not participate unless they receive approval from their grant managers to use their own training funds to attend.
- All others (not OVW grantees) may join ASISTA or pay for the webinar individually. Please click here for membership and webinar payment information.
Registration & Cost:
Register by clicking here.
- Free for ASISTA/NIPNLG members
- Individual: $ 50.00
- Agency: $ 75.00 (more than one participant)