CLINIC/NITA Advocacy In Immigration Matters Training
Tuesday September 26
Thursday September 28 2017
- By: National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
- Time: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Time Zone: Central Time (US & Canada)
Baker McKenzie300 East Randolph StreetSuite 5000Chicago, IL
National Institute for Trial Advocacy(800) 225-6482
- Website: www.nita.org
CLINIC is collaborating with the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) to offer a three-day skills training for immigration court advocates. This training is focused on lawyers and advocates who have some court background and want to improve their skills through an intensive training experience with meaningful critique from experienced practitioners. Tuition costs are covered through NITA’s public service initiative so there is no fee for the training. Accommodations and most meals will be provided for a small fee. Registration is on a first-received basis.
Requirements for Attendance:
In advance of the in-person training, participants must:
- View selected recorded webinars on removal proceedings
- View recorded NITA videos on trial skills
- Review training materials, including a sample court file, sent to participants in advance of the in-person training.
- Lodging: University of Colorado-Boulder single dorms (check in Saturday July 15, check out Tuesday, July 18)
- Meals: Breakfast on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and dinner on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday included at the University of Colorado-Boulder. NITA will provide lunch on Sunday.
- Cost: $200 for three nights lodging and some meals (or $250 for four nights lodging and meals)
- Travel Costs: Participant to cover travel costs
To register for this event, please visit http://bit.ly/2nJtuFI.