Developing and Sustaining an Immigration Program
Tuesday April 25
Wednesday April 26 2017
- By: Catholic Legal Immigration Network
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
281 South Figueroa StreetSuite 100Los Angeles, CAMap: maps.google.com
This two-day training provides a complete overview of how to start and sustain a nonprofit immigration legal services program. Attendees will receive 150 power point slides reflecting important lessons from CLINIC’s highly regarded Managing an Immigration Program: Steps for Creating & Increasing Legal Capacity manual. This manual and curriculum offers detailed information and suggestions for applying for Board of Immigration Appeals agency recognition and staff accreditation, implementing effective case management systems, fundraising and scores of other pertinent topics related to managing an immigration program. Participants will learn:
- how to determine which client cases to accept,
- how to set fees to obtain the best support for their program,
- case intake and management strategies,
- how to avoid unauthorized practice of law, and
- strategies for working with funders.
To learn more and register, click here.