Sanctuary Space: Creating Safe Communities For All
Monday January 30
- By: PolicyLink
- Time: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
In today’s political climate, immigrant families, Muslim residents, and other communities of color face increased surveillance and growing threats to their safety and well-being. Join PolicyLink and our partners for a discussion on how state and local leaders across the country can create safer environments for vulnerable members of their communities. This webinar will provide an overview of what sanctuary cities and sanctuary spaces are; how such spaces can make all people safer; and how leaders can create – or safeguard – sanctuary spaces in their own communities. This is the first installment of several webinars the All-In Cities Initiative will be hosting throughout the year on local policies to build equitable cities.
- Angela Glover Blackwell, PolicyLink (moderator)
- Linda Sarsour, MPower Change
- Angie Junck, Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Jorge Gutierrez, Familia Trans Queer Liberation Movement
Register by clicking here.