Can Clients Apply for Adjustment Even When Out of Status?
Thursday February 16
- By: American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
Generally, your client must be in lawful status in order to file an application for adjustment of status (AOS). However, there are exceptions to the rule. The speakers will discuss the various options potentially available in both the family and business immigration contexts.
- Legal Status Versus Authorized Status
- Categories Eligible for AOS: Visa Number Availability
- AOS Scenarios: Visa and Visa Waiver Admission, Parole (Including “Arriving Aliens”), EWI, Parole-in-Place, INA §245(i) Coverage, TPS, and DACA
- Adjustment in Family-Based Immigration: Marriage to a USC Versus an LPR
- Adjustment in Employment-Based Immigration: INA §245(k) as Exception
- Cross-Chargeability: The Sometimes Overlooked Solution
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on February 15, 2017. For more information, click here.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will administer CLE credit to individuals who register for and dial in to the seminar only. AILA cannot verify your attendance and participation in this program unless you register directly for the seminar and use your own telephone line to participate in the call. Therefore, persons who listen in on the call as part of a group will not be able to obtain CLE credit.