Family Visa Petition
Thursday May 05
- By: Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
This webinar is intended for legal service providers who are new to the area of family-based immigration and will focus on the basics of the family visa petition. We will cover which relatives can qualify for family-based immigration and how they fit and move around the preference categories with events such as marriage, divorce, or the naturalization of the petitioner. After reviewing the role of the visa bulletin, we will explain how priority dates are established, lost, and recaptured, as well as what happens to widows and other beneficiaries when the qualifying relative dies. The discussion will include an overview of the Child Status Protection Act.
- Allison Davenport, ILRC Staff Attorney
- Alison Kamhi, ILRC Staff Attorney
Register by clicking here. The registration deadline is 05/03/2016.
- CLE Credit Comments: MCLE: 1.5 CA