Crisis and Chaos: Delays in the Immigration Courts. What is the Cause, and is There a Solution?
- 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- By: The Immigration and Nationality Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association
Great Hall, New York City Bar Association
- Immigration Court
With delays of several years for a hearing now the norm in almost all immigration courts nationwide, this panel will look beyond the traditional “lack of funding” perspective, for a critical examination of the root causes and long term solutions to these delays, as well as ethical and practical challenges that they pose. With several well-respected speakers representing a diversity of perspectives, this promises to be a stimulating and informative event. It is open to lawyers and non-lawyers alike.
- Immigration Judge Dana Marks, President, National Association of Immigration Judges
- Wen-Ting Cheng, ICE Chief Counsel, Office of the Chief Counsel, New York
- Cheryl David, Esq., Law Office of Cheryl David, New York
- Former Immigration Judge William Van Wyke, New York City Immigration Court
- Paul O’Dwyer, Esq., Law Office of Paul O’Dwyer, New York (Moderator)