Marriage Fraud—Red Flags, Common Mistakes, and Foreseeable Issues
Thursday September 10
- By: American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
Immigration practitioners jump over various hurdles with their clients, but few are as daunting as proving a bona fide marriage. As USCIS becomes savvier in the evidence it uses, so must practitioners and their clients. This seminar discusses the ins and outs of marriage fraud concerns, how to help your clients gather evidence, and what they can expect going forward.
- Satisfying Yourself that the Marriage Is Valid, Deciding to Represent the Couple, and Initial Red Flags
- What Is Evidence of a Bone Fide Marriage?
- What Does USCIS Consider to Be Red Flags in a Case? Know Your Local USCIS Office
- How to Prepare Your Clients for the Interview
- Ethical Issues: Dual Representation, Duty to Withdraw, etc.
- Lasting Effects and Foreseeable Issues: I-751, Naturalization, etc.
- Anthony Drago Jr. (dl), AILA EOIR Liaison Committee Chair, Boston, MA*
- Susan R. Fortino-Brown, Chicago, IL*
- Aaron Hall, Aurora, CO*
*invited, not confirmed
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 09/09/2015.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will administer CLE credit to individuals who register for and dial in to the seminar only. AILA cannot verify your attendance and participation in this program unless you register directly for the seminar and use your own telephone line to participate in the call. Therefore, persons who listen in on the call as part of a group will not be able to obtain CLE credit.