“Muslims Need Not Apply”: How USCIS Secretly Mandates Discriminatory Delays and Denials of Citizenship and Immigration Benefits to Aspiring Americans
Tuesday August 20
- By: American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area, OneJustice
- Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
The ACLU of So Cal, the Lawyers' Cmte for Civil Rights, and One Justice are hosting a free one-hour CLE webinar on USCIS's previously-secret national security program, the "Controlled Application Review and Resolution Program" or "CARRP." CARRP creates barriers and exclusions to naturalization, green cards, asylum, and visas for statutorily-eligible immigrants, and disproportionately impacts Muslim and perceived-to-be Muslim immigrants. The webinar will explain how USCIS has subjected so many of these individuals to inordinate delays, extensive investigations, and pretextual denials of their applications under CARRP. It will explain how CARRP works and provide immigration practitioners with tips for how to handle CARRP cases.
- Jennie Pasquarella, ACLU of Southern California
- Bardis Vakili, ACLU of Southern California
- Paul Chavez, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights (moderator)
Please RSVP at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6502949724260182528.
- CLE Credit Comments: Free One-hour CLE Webinar