"Your First" Series, Part I: The One-Step Interview
Tuesday July 30
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
Each seminar in the series features a mock interview or hearing, broken down into smaller segments, where experienced AILA practitioners play the roles of client, interviewer, judge and attorney at various stages of the proceedings. After each interview or hearing segment, the panelists issue-spot, dissect what went wrong or right and recommend how best to prepare your clients for the process. This three-part seminar series is designed for newer immigration practitioners and more experienced practitioners who are looking to expand into new areas of immigration law. This seminar features a mock USCIS interview for a marriage-based adjustment case and panel discussion of the following topics:
- Burden of Proof (I-130 & I-485)
- The Attorney's Role in the Interview
- Prepping Your Client
- Common Pitfalls: Separate Residences, Criminal History, etc.
- Ethical Issues: Bona Fide Relationship, False Testimony, and Criminal History
- Best Resources for Attorneys
Register by clicking here. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 7/29/2013.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.