DACA Updates—Evolving and Advanced Issues
Thursday July 25
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
On August 15, 2012, USCIS began accepting applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Various studies and reports show that as many as 1.76 million undocumented immigrants potentially qualify for relief from deportation through this program. As of March 31, 2013, 488,782 applications have been accepted for processing and --of those --268,361 have been approved. This seminar will provide an update on the DACA program.
- Processing Updates --Current Data, USCIS Processing Reports and Transfer of Cases
- Key Tips for Tackling and Avoiding RFEs
- Navigating Sticky Criminal Background Issues
- Alternatives and Ancillary Issues to DACA
- The Role of the Counselor
- Post-DACA Issues --Driver's License, Enrolling for College, and Advance Parole
- Daniel Shanfield, San Jose, CA
- Patrick Taurel, AIC DACA Legal Services Fellow, Washington, DC
- Erich C. Straub, Milwaukee, WI
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 7/24/2013.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.