Thursday March 28
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United States
This seminar will discuss the procedural aspects and issues pertaining to adopted children and orphans, including procedures for Hague and non-Hague Convention countries. The seminar will cover issues including when an adoption should take place, establishing the two-year physical residence when required, and what constitutes parental control.
- Update on Trends and Important Issues in the Adoption of Orphans and Non-orphans
- Procedures for Adoption Under the Hague Convention
- Procedures for Adoption in Non-Hague Convention Countries
- Selecting and Working with a Family Law Attorney
- Fraud and Ethical Considerations
- Now That They've Changed the Rules, Who Is Still in the Game?
- Irene Steffas, Marietta, GA
- Tiffany E. Markee, San Diego, CA
- Elizabeth Rompf Bruen, Chicago, IL
Registration & Pricing:
- AILA Members: $129
- Non-AILA Members: $199
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.