Representing Immigrant Children
Friday March 15
- By: CLINIC
- Time: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Hunton & Williams LLP2200 Pennsylvania Ave. NWWashington, DC
This is free all-day training on representing immigrant children and is designed for lawyers and accredited representatives of community-based immigration legal service providers, as well as private immigration practitioners. The training will focus on the practical application of representing minors in removal proceedings and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. This training will also provide information on supporting documents and how to prepare and submit these applications. Lunch and materials will be provided. The training is free of charge, however attendance is available to those who will make a commitment to handling a pro bono case.
- Penny Shamblin and Suzan Kern, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Anna Gallagher, Maggio+Kattar PC
- Michelle Mendez and Debi Sanders, Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.
- Jennie Guilfoyle and Debbie Smith, CLINIC
- Peggy Gleason, DHS Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
R.S.V.P to Debi.Sanders@CatholicCharitiesDC.org by Friday, March 8, 2013. Seating is limited. Please include information explaining how you will benefit from this training and how you will use this training to help the immigrant community.