Representing Detained Immigration Clients
Monday December 10
- By: National Lawyers' Guild Immigration Committee
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Van Der Hout Brigaliano & Nightingale LLP180 Sutter Street (at Kearny)3rd Floor ConferenceSan Francisco, CA
The National Lawyers' Guild Immigration Committee invites you to a CLE Lunchtime Workshop with a deportation-defense expert. A Presentation and moderated discussion will be led by Valerie Zukin, Van Der Hout Brigagliano & Nightingale.
- How might your client end up in San Francisco ICE custody?
- How and when can you challenge detainers?
- What happens when your client comes into ICE custody?
- How can you request release?
- Who is subject to 'Reinstatement of Removal'?
- Is there any way to prevent or challenge 'Reinstatement of Removal'?
- Seeking a Stay of Removal: Administrative, Judicial, Statutorily mandated
RSVP to Leah Price at firstname.lastname@example.org. Free for NLG Immigration Committee members, with suggested donation of $10 to $15. $25 for NLG non-committee members. $35 for non-NLG members. No one will be turned away for inability to pay.
- CLE Credit Comments: MCLE credit 1.5 hours