The Implementation of DACA in the States and Lessons Learned for Legalization
Wednesday, June 26
- By: CLINIC, Own the DREAM, National Immigration Law Center
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
This free webinar is for legal service providers, immigrant advocates, educators, faith leaders, employers, community organizers, and others helping DREAMers apply for DACA or navigate work, school, and life after receiving DACA. Have you had issues helping DACA applicants meet the education eligibility requirements, obtain juvenile records, or access scholarships or loans? Have you or your DREAMers encountered hesitation, confusion or obstruction from state and local actors in understanding what DACA means and what rights DACA grantees have with respect to employment or access to driver's licenses, higher education or health care? We will discuss these issues and suggest strategies for advocating on behalf of individual DREAMers as well as broader efforts to change states' policies and practices. We will also discuss how lessons learned from DACA will likely be valuable in implementing a future legalization program.
- Tanya Broder, Senior Staff Attorney, National Immigration Law Center
- Angelo Mathay, DACA Law Fellow, National Immigration Law Center
- Tatyana Delgado, Training and Legal Support Attorney, CLINIC
- Jen Riddle, Advocacy Attorney, CLINIC
Register for the webinar by clicking here. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information on joining the webinar.