Immigration Law Institute: Immigrant Rights Training
Friday May 31 - Saturday June 01 , 2013
- By: Christian Legal Society, Hope for New York, World Relief Legal Support Center for Immigrant Legal Services
- CLE Credit
Father's Heart Ministry Office531 East 12th StreetNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Join us for a two-day practical skills training program designed for attorneys who want to understand what immigration law is all about, particularly the law as it applies to low-income and undocumented immigrants living in New York City. Experienced faculty will provide an overview of immigration law and will discuss naturalization and immigrant rights, among other things.
Other topics you will learn about include:
• Legislative update on immigration reform
• Family-based immigration
• The intersection of criminal law and immigration law
• Open Hands New Volunteer training
Who Should Attend:
This comprehensive program will benefit attorneys and other professionals interested in immigration law, particularly those interested in or working with pro bono immigrant clients. New and existing Open Hands Legal Services volunteer attorneys, law students, public interest attorneys and non-profit organization staff will all benefit from this program.
Register today and reserve your seat. Space is limited. Early bird rate of only $30 ends on May 10. Scholarships are available for all qualifying individuals; please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- CLE Credit Comments: 7.5 Total Credits pending. Appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys as well as new and experienced Open Hands Legal Services volunteers.