To Sue or Not to Sue: Challenging Agency Denials, Part II
Tuesday, May 21
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
This two-part series focuses on current problems and hot topics in agency adjudications and challenging denials. These seminars will discuss motions to reopen versus refiling, how to determine if your case is ready and ripe for litigation, and strategies for litigating specific issues. Participate in both sessions to become an expert on challenging agency denials! The first session will take place on May 7th.
- Marriage Fraud Cases-Handling the I-130 Appeal and Removal Proceedings at the Same Time
- I-485 Denials-District Court Review or Immigration Court Review
- Denials of Visas at the Consulate-The Viability of Judicial Review in Light of the Doctrine of Consular Non-reviewability
- Robert Pauw (dl), AILA Author, Litigating Immigration Cases in Federal Court, Seattle, WA
- Andres Benach, AILA Amicus Committee, Washington, DC
- Emily Assunta White, AILA ICE Liaison Committee Chair, Denver, CO
Included with registration, participants in the live seminar will receive a free downloadable recording of the seminar. It will be available in participant's Agora Digital Library approximately 4-7 business days from the seminar date.
Registration & Pricing:
-AILA Member/International Associates: $129.00
-AILA Member's Paralegal: $129.00
-AILA Nonprofit Members: $129.00
-AILA Law Student Members: $129.00
-Nonmember Attorneys: $199.00
-Other Nonmembers: $199.00
-Nonprofit Nonmembers: $199.00
-Nonmember Law Students: $199.00
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 5/20/2013. The registration deadline for the seminar series is 11:59 pm ET on 5/6/2013.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.