Fraud Updates—What You Need to Know
Tuesday, April 16
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Depending on whom you ask immigration fraud is either rampant or limited to a few bad actors. Identifying and rooting out fraud in benefits applications has become a major government priority among the various agencies involved and has provided immigration attorneys with a new set of acronyms to learn. This seminar will go over the current state of fraud and fraud investigations.
- What Is "Fraud" Under the INA?
- Alphabet Soup --FDNS, VIBE, and OIG
- H-1B & L-1 Fraud Assessment Documents Recovered Through FOIA
- PERM Labor Certifications and Audits (Payment Affidavits, Bona Fide Job Opportunity)
- Dual Representation Issues --Common Traps and Pitfalls
- Daniel C. Horne, San Francisco, CA
- Stacey Alissa Simon, New York, NY
Included with registration, participants in the live seminar will receive a free downloadable recording of the seminar. It will be available in participant's Agora Digital Library approximately 4-7 business days from the seminar date.
Registration & Pricing:
- AILA Member/International Associates $129.00
- AILA Member's Paralegal $129.00
- AILA Nonprofit Members $129.00
- AILA Law Student Members $129.00
- Nonmember Attorneys $199.00
- Other Nonmembers $199.00
- Nonprofit Nonmembers $199.00
- Nonmember Law Students $199.00
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.