Pro Bono Mental Health Training: Representing Detained Clients with Mental Disabilities in Immigration Court
Thursday February 21 , 2013
- By: ABA Commission on Immigration
- Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Cooley LLP1299 Pennsylvania Avenue NWSuite 700Washington, DCMap: maps.google.com
- Advocating for the client's mental health rights in immigration detention
- Working with and strategizing around the client's impairments in Immigration Court
- Planning for the client's supported release from detention into the community
The newly revised second edition of CAIR Coalition's Mental Health Practice Manual is now available at http://www.caircoalition.org/pro-bono- resources/pro-bono-mental-health-manual/.
- Liz Sweet, Associate Director, American Bar Association Commission on Immigration
- Liz McGrail, Legal Director, CAIR Coalition
- Joseph Gorin, Psy.D., Joseph Gorin & Associates
- Stephen Dekovich, Equal Justice Works Fellow sponsored by McDermott Will & Emery, CAIR Coalition
- Hannah Kane, MSW, Employment Justice Center
- Andrew Doll, MSW Candidate/Intern, CAIR Coalition
RSVP by 2/18/2013. Space is limited. To RSVP, please contact Stephen Dekovich at email@example.com or (202) 331-3320 ext. 13 by February 18, 2013. Light refreshments will be provided.
- CLE Credit Comments: Application for 3 hours of Virginia MCLE credits is pending.