KIND Introductory Training on Juvenile Immigration Practice
Tuesday, December 04
- By: Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, KIND
- Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Time Zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett1999 Avenue of the Stars29th FloorLos Angeles, CAMap: maps.google.com
Simpson Thacher's LA office invites you to join us for a KIND Introductory Training on Juvenile Immigration Practice and lunch. You are invited to attend a lunch training from Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) a national non-profit organization dedicated to serving unaccompanied children in the immigration system. KIND's Los Angeles pro bono coordinators Lindsay Lang and Alla Holmes will be conducting a training on juvenile immigration practice. Come learn more about the immigration system, getting courtroom experience, and providing valuable pro bono legal representation for a vulnerable child facing deportation. Topics covered include:
- Asylum (victims of persecution and torture)
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (victims of parental abuse or neglect)
- Human Trafficking (victims of sex or labor exploitation)
- Voluntary Departure (an alternative to deportation)
Pro bono cases will be available at the training. Your help is vital to these children as they navigate through the daunting U.S. immigration system.
Please RSVP by Friday, November 30th to Jessica Marek at email@example.com, if interested in attending the training.
- CLE Credit Comments: 1 Hour of CLE Credit
- Download this to your calendar