The Nuts and Bolts of Immigration Court/What to Do When You Receive a Notice to Appear
Thursday December 13
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) was created on January 9, 1983. Under delegated authority from the Attorney General, EOIR conducts immigration court proceedings, appellate reviews, and administrative hearings. This panel will discuss how to prepare for representing a client in Immigration Court, including responding to a Notice to Appear and requesting remedies for Relief from Removal.
- Types of Hearings: Common Terms
- Preparing for the Master Calendar Hearing
- Structure of the Order to Show Cause/Notice to Appear
- So, Do We/Can We Agree
- Is Your Client Eligible for Relief?
- Talking with the OCC Attorney Assigned to Your Case
- AILA Resources
- Linda A. Cristello (dl), Boston, MA
Linda A. Cristello is a solo practitioner with a concentration in criminal immigration. She is a former employee of the legacy INS Investigations Unit and court clerk with EOIR in Boston. Ms. Cristello has been an active member of AILA since 1991; she has served as chair of the New England Chapter and as a member of the EOIR Liaison Committee. She is a frequent speaker with AILA both at the local and national level.
- Bryony Heise, AILA EOIR Liaison Committee, Denver, CO
Bryony Heise is managing partner of Aretz & Heise Immigration, LLC. She has served as EOIR Liaison for the AILA Colorado Chapter, and currently serves on the AILA National EOIR Liaison Committee. Ms. Heise received her J.D. and M.A. in International Human Rights from the University of Denver (2008).
Registration & Pricing:
- AILA Members: $129*
- Non-AILA Members: $199*
You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart and paying by credit card or e-check. If for some reason you need to mail or fax in your registration, you can also download and complete a registration form. If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form. The registration deadline for this seminar is 11:59 pm ET on 12/12/12.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
- CLE Credit Comments: *Please note, your jurisdiction may limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. To view CLE eligibility and the number of credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please visit webCLE. Florida - Attorneys must apply individually for approval of live audio/web seminars in FL. Programs are typically approved For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.