Naturalization for Spouses of U.S. Citizens and Members of the Military: Special Rules and Considerations
Wednesday October 31
- By: Immigration Advocates Network
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
This event takes place online.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
The Immigration Advocates Network (IAN) is excited to announce its first annual e-conference, "Cutting Edge Issues in Immigration Law," from October 29 to November 2, 2012. Join us for a week-long series of interactive online trainings with national experts in children's issues, U-visas, naturalization, asylum, and the intersection of immigration and crimes. In addition to discussing emerging issues and best practices in key areas of immigration law, panelists will also consider how each of these areas intersects with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA). The cost of each two-hour training session is $40, which will help to ensure that IAN is able to continue to offer free trainings and resources throughout the year.
About This Session:
In certain cases, spouses of U.S. citizens may qualify for naturalization after three years as a permanent resident or even after no specific period of continuous residence. Also, special rules apply to naturalization applicants who are members of the armed forces. This session will discuss who qualifies for these exceptions, the special requirements for eligibility, and the application process under these provisions. The panelists are Susan Schreiber, Managing Attorney at the National Legal Center for Immigrants, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc (CLINIC); Kristina Karpinski, Training and Legal Support Attorney at the National Legal Center for Immigrants, CLINIC; and, Cassie A. Strom, Attorney at the Veterans Advocacy Project, Catholic Charities, St. Louis, Missouri. To register, visit http://www.immigrationadvocates.org/link.cfm?20166.
• Learn from nationally-recognized experts from the comfort of your own office;
• Participate in "ask the expert" sessions during each interactive training;
• Access presentations and handouts before and after the training session;
• Take interactive quizzes and polls before and during conference sessions;
• Obtain exclusive access to recordings of the webinars after the conference; and
• All registrants will be automatically entered into a drawing for a free copy of Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook from the American Immigration Lawyers Association and receive other special discounts.
To ensure that as many advocates as possible can participate, the cost of each two hour training session is $40, and participants can choose to register for one or more conference sessions. Space is limited, so please register early to reserve your seat. All proceeds from the conference will directly support the work of the Immigration Advocates Network, and help us to continue to provide free trainings and resources throughout year. When you register, your name will automatically be entered into a drawing to win a free copy of Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook from the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
To register for a conference session, please visit http://www.immigrationadvocates.org/econference/ or click on the link under the session description above. After registering and paying, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to course materials. Payments are processed through Pay Pal, which accepts all major credit cards. You are not required to setup an account with Pay Pal to process your payment (select the credit card option below the Pay Pal account option). If you have registration or payment questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For PC-based participants:
• Windows 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server; and
• An internet connection.
For Mac-based participants:
• Mac OS X 10.5 - Leopard or newer; and
• An internet connection.
Participants wishing to connect to audio using VoIP will need a fast Internet connection, a microphone and speakers. (A USB headset is recommended.).
- CLE Credit Comments: All participants will receive a certificate of attendance. We are unable to provide CLE credit at this time.