Representing Clients During Interviews Before the USCIS
Monday, November 19
- By: The New York Immigration Coalition
- Time: 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
The New York Immigration Coalition137-139 West 25th St12th FloorNew York, NYMap: maps.google.com
Jonathan Vidal(212) 627-2227 ext. 227
- Website: www.thenyic.org
This training is intended for people who have a basic understanding of the substantive law concerning adjustment of status, asylum, naturalization, and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). This training will provide practical pointers on preparing clients for and representing them during select types of interviews before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), such as adjustment interviews, asylum interviews, interviews for adjustment of status under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), Stokes interviews, and naturalization exams. The training will provide guidance from immigration practitioners with experience representing clients in these types of interviews. This training will be conducted by Abigail Cushing, Esq. of Catholic Charities Community Services of the Archdiocese of New York, Aleksander Milch, Esq. of the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS), and Carmen Maria Rey, Esq. of In Motion, Inc.
Register by going to http://www.thenyic.org/training-events.
- CLE Credit Comments: CLE Credit: 3 credits in skills. This course provides transitional credit for newly admitted attorneys and non-traditional credit for experienced attorneys.
- Attachment(s): ny111912_Rep.pdf
- Download this to your calendar