Step-by-Step Guide to Subpoenas and Depositions in Immigration Court
Tuesday, May 08
- By: AILA
- Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Time Zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- CLE Credit
This event takes place telephonically.Webinar/Teleseminar, United StatesMap: maps.google.com
Kick your removal defense up a notch! Subpoenas, subpoena duces tecum and depositions are all available in immigration court and may be just what you need for that special case. This program will give the forms, rules and practical guidance that will instantly enhance your courtroom arsenal.
- No Discovery Rule? No Problem!
- Subpoenas Preparation, Step-by-Step
- Forcing Disclosure and Production from the Government
- Discovery through Depositions
- Remedies When Your Request Is Denied
- Raymond R. Bolourtchi (dl), Saint Louis, MO
- Jeremy L. McKinney, AILA EOIR Committee, Greensboro, NC
Jeremy L. McKinney is a former Chapter Chair of the AILA Carolinas Chapter, and is a current member of AILA's Membership and EOIR Liaison Committees, and the North Carolina State Bar's Specialization Committee. Mr. McKinney graduated with a B.A. in English from Virginia Commonwealth University and a J.D. from Campbell University School of Law. He is a former captain and judge advocate in the North Carolina Army National Guard.
(dl) = discussion leader * = invited, not yet confirmed
The cost is AILA Members: $129 and non-AILA Members: $199. You can register securely online using a Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover card. Please note that if you use the online registration, you do not need to download the registration form and send it in. You can also download and complete the registration form. Please fax the completed form with payment information to the AILA National Office at 202-783-7853. Registration fee includes toll-free number for callers in the U.S. Callers outside the U.S. should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to connect to the call and additional direct dial charges that apply. Registration is limited to one participant per connection for the event. Please do not share call-in information with other users, as you will be billed for each connection associated with your name. The deadline to register is Monday, May 7, at 11:59 pm eastern time. No refunds will be given after the session has started. Registrants will receive confirmation of their participation via email the day before the session starts. No additional notices will be provided.
Tuition Assistance Program:
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered for all AILA National CLE programming based on need and availability. Eligible applicants include, but are not limited to, attorneys in non-profit or legal service organizations, attorneys seeking to devote their skills to public service, law students, and unemployed attorneys. Preference will be given to AILA members and applicants who have not received a prior award. Please complete the Tuition Assistance Application for consideration. No phone calls, please.
- CLE Credit Comments: AILA audio and web seminars are either pre-approved or are approvable for MCLE credit in most jurisdictions that permit credit for live, interactive audio and web seminars. Please check AILA's CLE Center to learn the accreditation status for your state. If you have any questions relating to CLE credit, please contact the Education Department at email@example.com.
- Download this to your calendar